Visa on Arrival to India – How to Apply
Seems you want to travel to India or you have a friend that wants to go to India? Well, guess what this article was written to answer your question. India is a wonderful destination to travel to. But whatever reason you are travelling for, be it on a business trip, going to visit a friend or your family members, even if it is for a medical check-up, you are going to need a visa. I am not going to talk about all the types of Visa required to visit India today. Am going to base this article on just one type of visa to India known as a Visa of Arrival.
Let’s head into the material proper, I will start by naming countries which are allowed to participate in the Visa on Arrival program to India, the airports in India where you can obtain entry visa and the requirements and eligibility of visa applicants who can use the visa on arrival to India. I am spoiling the surprise right, why not read and know what the full article entails.
Countries who can Participate in the Visa on Arrival Program to India
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Solomon Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
Important Notice about the Visa on Arrival to India
The Visa on Arrival is only valid for 30 days and is only eligible for entry at the airports written in the next subheading.
Citizens of the above countries can acquire the Visa on Arrival for the union of India before the expected time for travel.
A quick fact about the India Visa on Arrival Program– It can never be extended, exchanged or converted into any other type of Visa while you are still staying in India unless under some specific conditions where the authorities accept to exchange it for you based on the circumstances at hand.
Airports Where India’s Visa on Arrival is Valid and Respected:
- The International Airport at Bangalore
- The International Airport at Mumbai
- The International Airport at Kolkata
- The International Airport at Trivandrum
- The International Airport at Delhi
- The International Airport at Hyderabad
- The International Airport at Goa
- The International Airport at Cochin
- The International Airport at Chennai
People who are Eligible and Qualified to Obtain the Union Of India’s Visa on Arrival and the Conditions Involved.
- International Tourist and Travelers whose main objectives of coming into India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends or family members, short duration medical treatment or regular business trips especially if you are meeting business counterparts.
- They should have a passport with at least six months of validity.
- International Tourists or Travelers should bear on them, return ticket or onward journey ticket during check-in, with sufficient money to spend during their stay in India.
- Any International Tourist or Traveler having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- This kind of Visa is not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Bearers.
How Visa on Arrival to India Works
- You will have to apply online at the government of India’s Visa application website
- You will upload your photo and your passport page
- You will be expected to pay your visa fee online using a Credit or Debit card.
- You will receive Electronic Travel Authorization Online. The Electronic Travel Authorization will be sent directly to your mail.
- It is time to fly to India, once you complete all the steps above, do not forget to print your Electronic Travel Authorization and carry it along with you during the time of travel.
Instructions to adhere to as a prospective India visa on arrival applicant (enabled by electronic travel authorization)
- Applicants of the eligible countries above may apply online at a minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are using on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
- Recent front photograph with white background and passport photo page with personal details such as name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The request may be refused if the document and photograph uploaded are not clear and following the specifications.
- Visa on Arrival fee is US$ 60/- per passenger, excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards. The price must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you; otherwise, the application will not be processed.
- Visa on Arrival fee once submitted is nonrefundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization along with him/her at the time of travel.
- The applicant’s biometric information will be mandatorily recorded upon arrival in India at Immigration. Visa from the date of entry in India will be applicable for 30 days.
- Electronic Travel Authorization is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports, i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad & Kolkata.
- In addition to the existing Visa services, this facility is available.
- Arrival visa is granted in a calendar year for a maximum of two visits.
- Visa on Arrival once issued on arrival is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- By clicking on visa status, applicants can monitor the status of their application online.
- For any assistance Email 24 * 7 Visa support centre at to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents Required for Application of India’s Visa on Arrival
- A scanned copy of the passport’s first page. It should be in PDF format. The minimum size of the file should be at 10 KB, and Maximum volume should be at 300 KB.
- A digital photograph which, when uploaded with the visa application, must meet the following requirements:
- The format should be JPEG, the size should have a minimum of 10 KB and a maximum of 1 MB.
- The height and width of the image must be of equal length.
- The photograph should show you with your full face facing the camera and eyes open.
- Your centre head should be within the frame and should be present from the entire head from the top of hair to bottom of the chin.
- The background of your photograph should be plain and light-coloured. It is best and recommended that it should be a white background.
- There should be no shadows on the face and the background of the photograph
- Lastly, the picture should have no borders at all.
From our expertise, the quickest method for you to get a visa on Arrival at once is to;
Attach all your relevant documents
Review all documents carefully
Highlight all your necessary data within the application letter
Submit your application on time
A quick reminder:
It is better to apply for a visa on arrival ahead of time and review your international passport. Make sure it has free pages, and it has more than six months to expire if it does not meet this basic requirement, apply for addition pages and renew your visa.
Visa on Arrival to India – How to Apply