How to Download the UK Visa Application Form
The United Kingdom is a culmination of several countries put together, these countries include Wales, England, North Ireland, and Scotland. The United Kingdom is major power in the continent of Europe as well as world over, being one of the countries to be on the forefront of the colonization of Africa and other countries around the globe. The United Kingdom is highly recognized for her thriving economic system and this has resulted in several non-citizens from all over the world seeking a way to become residents of the country. The United Kingdom however has strict rules guiding entrance into the country as well as residency, as a matter of fact to be granted access into the country, the applicants must apply for and be granted a visa.
There are several numerous reasons why immigrants submit applications to be granted access into the United Kingdom, some of these include study, holidays, medical issues, business, tourism, work, visitation, etc. These visa application however are subjected to a lot of scrutiny before they are approved. A lot of reasons could also result in the visa applications being declined or rejected. As a result of these, the visa applicants need to be well educated on all the processes to be followed and requirements to be satisfied during the visa application. The applicants should also be aware of the kinds of visa they should be applying for as well as where to get the United Kingdom visa form before application. This will make the application process free from unwanted hitches.
Also Read: How to Apply for UK Visa in Nigeria
It is my guess that if you are browsing through this write up you are seeking such information or you are planning to apply for a visa to travel to the United Kingdom. There is no need to look further as this article promises to provide all the necessary education you require as touching United Kingdom visa application, where to get the visa application forms, how to fill and submit the forms and what to do after the forms have been submitted.
What are the diverse kinds of UK visas that can be applied for by immigrants?
For those who do not really know what a visa is, a visa is simply an endorsement on an individual’s international passport which allows the bearer entry into the endorsing country for a specified period of time. For most countries globally it is a crime to enter through any of their borders without acquiring this endorsement, the United Kingdom is not an exception to this rule. The United Kingdom is very strict when it comes to visa rules as defaulters are prosecuted and usually deported to their countries of origin almost immediately. There only a few individuals who are exempted from this rule, they are citizens of countries registered under the United Kingdom’s Visa Waiver Program (VWP), for these people all they need to cross the United Kingdom borders is an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW). These citizens have leeway to stay in the United Kingdom and move freely for six months at a stretch.
Before seeking the where to download the UK visa application form, it is important that you firstly are enlightened as to the different kinds of visas available for application. This is necessary so you do not apply for the wrong visa and thus be declined by the embassy. Below are the different kinds of visas that can be applied for by non-citizens seeking to visit the United Kingdom:
Tier One Visa. Under this class of visa there are different categories, five to be precise. They are briefly explained below:
- Tier one (General). This category of visa is no longer available for fresh visa applicants.
- Tier one (Investor). This visa is recommended for entrepreneurs who have plans of investing in and developing the United Kingdom economy.
- Tier one (Entrepreneur). This visa is recommended for individuals with an inclination to start up a business in the United Kingdom.
- Tier one (Graduate Entrepreneur). This is the visa recommended to recent university graduates who have functional business or technological ideas they are hoping to implement in the United Kingdom. The ideas are usually evaluated to determine how feasible they are before the visa is approved.
- Tier one (Exceptional talent). This category of visa is provided to young individuals who have been backed as exceptional usually by educational institutions of which they are currently enrolled or are alumni.
Tier Two Visa. This is usually referred to by the layman as a work permit. It is usually the endorsement given to individuals who have been offered provisional employment, mostly skilled, in the United Kingdom.
Tier Four Visa. This visa is regularly referred to as a study visa. It is the endorsement offered to students who have been admitted to run academic programs at any of the educational institutions within the United Kingdom. For a student to be granted this endorsement, it is Imperative that the student provides proof of the ability to foot educational expenses, as well as make available alongside the application the admission letter offered by the educational institution.
Tier Five Visa. This visa can also be regarded as a working visa. It is the endorsement given to individuals who have been employed in any of the following capacities:
- Religious workers.
- Government authorized exchange workers
- Youth development and mobility schemes
- Sportsmen and women
- Charity workers
- International agreement
United Kingdom family Visa. This class of visa is the endorsement issued to individuals who plan on visiting family members or loved ones in the United Kingdom. The standing criteria for this visa to be approved is the submission of a letter of invitation alongside the visa application. Usually the visiting party is given a period of time to stay in the United Kingdom, mostly six months as the highest.
United Kingdom Visitor Visa. This is the endorsement provided to individuals who do not plan to stay in the United Kingdom beyond six months while trying to achieve the various for which they are visiting the country. Some of the individuals that fall into this category include, entertainers (actors and musicians), those visiting for medical care, tourists, academic visitors (lecturers and exchange students), etc.
What are the requirements to satisfy while applying for a United Kingdom Visa?
Now that you have been enlightened in what a visa is and the different classes of visas available for application, the next issue to get acquainted with before seeking where to download the form is requirements that must be satisfied. It must be understood at this point that for any application the world over, there are certain conditions or requirements that must be fulfilled before approval. Having prior knowledge of these requirements ensures that the application is not declined while saving the applicant a lot of stress at the same time. The UK visa application process is one which is very delicate and requires attention to detail to avoid the application being rejected. These requirements stated in this section are mostly general to all the classes of visas, they are briefly stated below:
- The applicants must have the ability to converse in and express themselves to a reasonable extent in English.
- The applicants should have the financial capacity to handle their basic expenses for the period of their stay in the United Kingdom, at least the first month. In the case of those visiting family members or loved ones, the family members or loved ones must provide proof that they are capable of taking care of their visitors throughout their stay in the United Kingdom.
- The applicants must also be able stand to defend beyond reasonable doubt their aim for the visa application.
- The applicants must also be able to provide all the necessary documents required for the application process.
What documents are required to be presented by applicants during the visa application?
Below, in no particular order is a list of the documents that should be submitted if the visa application is going to be considered at all:
- The UK visa application form.
- A valid, recent international travel passport.
- A proof of payment of the UK visa application fees.
- A recent colored passport. The dimensions of the passport should be 29mmx34mm.
- For individuals applying for a visitor’s visa, there should be an invitation letter from the family member or any other individual they are planning to stay with while in the United Kingdom.
- Financial statements which should prove that the visa applicant is able to cater for his/her maintenance costs in the United Kingdom. The documents should include the bank statements of the individual in question, a proof of monthly and annual earnings. In the event that the individual is going to visit a family member or other individual, the sender of the invitation letter should provide alongside a proof that he/she has the financial capacity to support and cater for the applicant throughout the period of stay in the United Kingdom.
- For applicants for student visa, the individual must provide an evidence of admission to the United Kingdom based institution.
- For work visa applicants, the employer should provide information in a letter outlining the reason for the visit, who the applicant will be meeting with, and details regarding any payments or expenses by the applicant throughout the stay in the United Kingdom.
- In the event that the individual is applying for a special visa due medical challenges, the individual should provide a letter from a doctor or consultant showing the present details of the individual’s health condition. The letter should also contain the duration of the treatment the individual will undergo, how much the treatment will cost.
- For individuals going for a tourist visits should provide the itinerary for the period of their stay in the United Kingdom.
How to get the UK Visa application form
Well I am sure this is the part you have been waiting for all this while. Since you have been acquainted with the above information, the next thing on your mind should naturally be where to download the United Kingdom visa application forms. You should note at this point that the application forms can only be accessed online and not at any physical office address. Firstly you can access the forms from the official website of Teleperformance. Teleperformance is a private company which is in partnership with the government of the United Kingdom to assist with the visa application process in Nigeria. This partnership has yielded great results which have been beneficial to both the applicants as well as the government of the United Kingdom. The visa application process has become easier and faster. You can also access the visa application form by visiting the official website of the United Kingdom Immigration Service.
How do you go about applying for the United Kingdom visa?
Since you already know how to get the visa application form, the next question on your mind is probably how to properly apply for the visa to avoid being declined. This section of this article will give you a summary of what steps you need to take in your application.
- Visit the visa application website.
- Fill the visa application form properly and be sure you avoid any mistakes as this could lead to automatic rejection of the application.
- Make sure to pay up the necessary visa application fees.
- Submit the visa application form and endeavor to make a print out as it will be required later during the visa application process.
- Save your GWF number, this is a twelve digit number which is generated once the form is submitted.
- Fix an appointment date with the visa application center immediately you have submitted the visa application form.
- Sign up for an online account with Teleperformance, this will afford you the opportunity of tracking the visa application process.
- Ensure you keep your appointment date and get to the visa application center on time.
I believe this article has been quite educative and helpful. You can visit the official website of the United Kingdom Immigration Service for further inquiries.
UK Visa Application Form – How to Download it in Nigeria © www.travelvisa.ng