Nigeria Visa on Arrival – How to Apply for Visa on Arrival in Nigeria
Are you a foreigner seeking to get a visa on arrival in Nigeria? Do you want to know how to get the Nigerian visa on arrival application form and get the process started? You are in the right place. In this post am going to show you how to fill out the application form, pay the visa on arrival fees and get your visa. Before we can go any further, let me say that not call country applicants require visa to visit Nigeria. Here are the list of countries that can visit Nigeria without a visa: Togo, Liberia, Benin, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Chad, Gambia, Mali, Guinea, Niger, Seychelles, Côte d’Ivoire
So if you are not a national from any of the above listed countries, you are required to have visa to temporarily reside in Nigeria. That said; let us finish what we started. Back to our topic of discussion “Nigeria visa on arrival”.
What is Visa on Arrival?
The Nigeria visa on arrival is a category of visa (short – stay) that is issued to foreigners at the port of entry in Nigeria. This class of visa is usually issued to visitors, business persons and investors who are not able to obtain visa at the Nigerian embassies of their home countries possibly because there are no Nigeria Missions /Embassies in their countries.
Nigeria Entry Visa on Arrival Process Guidelines:
Now there are two easier ways of applying for the Nigeria visa on arrival/Approval letter . I will recommend step 2.
How to Apply for Visa on Arrival Approval Letter
You can apply through Email
You or your representative in Nigeria can write an application letter to the Comptroller General of Immigration, NIS HQ, Abuja stating the following information to this email address: email@example.com
- Name of Applicant.
- International Passport number of the Applicant.
- Purpose of visit (business, pleasure, medical, investing, etc.)
- Proposed date of visit.
- Proposed port of entry (Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport Kano, Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos, Port Harcourt International Airport Port Harcourt).
- Flight itinerary / Reservation
- Contact Address in Nigeria or Hotel Reservation
You are required to attach the following documents:
- Scanned copy of the bio data page of applicant’s international passport.
- A copy of airlines’ return ticket reservation.
When your application has been approved, a letter will be sent to your email and a copy sent to the reserved airline that was stated in your application and Immigration port of entry.
You can apply through a Representative in Nigeria – Recommended
Send all necessary information to your representative in Nigeria. With this information, your representative will file a formal request for a Nigeria visa on arrival approval on your behalf by writing an application letter to the Comptroller General of Immigration, NIS HQ, Abuja with the following details:
- Name of Applicant
- International passport number of applicant
- Purpose of visit
- Proposed date of applicant
- Proposed port of entry
- Proposed airline
- Flight itinerary
- Address in Nigeria
- Email address of the applicant
- Acceptance of Immigration Responsibility
Your representative shall attach the following documents to support the application:
- A scanned copy of the bio data page of applicant’s international passport.
- A copy of Airlines’ Return ticket Reservation
Once the approval letter is obtained by your representative in Hard copy, a copy will be forwarded to your reserved airline and Immigration port of entry.
Note: I strongly recommend this method because it cuts out all unnecessary delays in the process. If you do not have a representative in Nigeria or you do not know how to start the process, we are here for you! We at travelvisa.ng, we help our clients to get their Nigeria visa on arrival as quickly as possible. Our service charge is competitive and affordable. You can call, text or whatsapp us at +2347033378184. You can also reach us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help.
How to Pay for Nigeria Visa on Arrival
To make this payment, there are two ways to go about it.
You can fill out an online application form and make the payment online. To do this, here are the instructions:
- Go to the Nigeria Immigration home page. Click on this link to go to the site: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome . Click on “Apply for Visa on Arrival”.
- You will be taken to a page where you are required to indicate the country you are applying for the Nigeria visa on arrival from (that’s your home country or where you will be travelling to Nigeria from). After selecting the processing country, click on “Start Application”.
- Now you are to fill out the application form and submit. In the form, you will be divulging your personal information, travel plan, your host contact details (if applicable), passport details, flight reservation, invitation letter from a company/host in Nigeria, scanned bio data page of your international passport, etc. when you are done, click on the ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’.
Now is time to proceed to pay for your visa fees.
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Select the “Pay in Dollars” option in the payment currency then click on the “Continue” button.
Bear in mind that having successfully made payment for your Nigeria visa on arrival does not mean that your application has been approved. You are not to travel to Nigeria until you receive the “Visa on Arrival Approval Letter” via email.
Option 2 – Recommended
You can also make an online payment at the point of arrival provided that you present the visa on arrival approval letter. American Express, Visa, Master Cards are acceptable.
When you are done with this process then you are ready to travel to Nigeria. But remember that you have not been issued a visa just yet. So as soon as you arrive Nigeria, go to the desk marked “Visa on Arrival” so that you will be issued an entry visa. You will be required to provide the following documents in hard copy there:
- Visa Approval Letter (Usually valid for 14 days from the date that it was issued)
- Evidence of online payment. You can also make payment at the port of entry
- A valid international passport with at least 6 months validity
- A valid return flight ticket
- 2 recent passport sized photographs of yourself
Your request for Nigeria visa on arrival will be processed and approval letter issued within 2 working days.
If you are in any way confused or you need help with getting the Nigeria visa on arrival, let us know. We are here to help you out. Our service charge is affordable and our service, quick! Call, text or whatapp us at +2347033378184. You can also reach us via our email: email@example.com.
Nigeria Visa on Arrival – How to Apply for Visa on Arrival in Nigeria © www.travelvisa.ng