Apply for Dubai Visa from Nigeria – Dubai Visa Requirements for Nigerian Citizens
Dubai is well known as an incredible city to visit receiving visitors from all over the world year in year out. Dubai possesses an intricate charm with a number of beautiful and immaculate structures and beaches to enjoy. A lot of Nigerians travel to Dubai to relax, unwind and sightsee, shop and do business. Some also travel to visit family, find a new work, and find a new life or just to enjoy the environment.
Although many Nigerians visit Dubai often, it could still be a lot of hassle for a first timer to obtain a visa if such person does not have the required information. This guide will provide you with a comprehensive breakdown of all necessary steps you need to take to successfully obtain your Dubai visa in Nigeria. First you have to decide the type of visa required based on your purpose of visit to Dubai, determine your eligibility and then prepare the necessary documents and funds to obtain the visa and sustain you during your period of travel.
Types of Dubai Visas Available to Nigerians
There are different classes of Dubai visas available to Nigerians including;
- The 96 hour visa: this type of visa is available to Nigerians travelling to Dubai for a very short period of time probably for the purpose of attending a business meeting or stopping over to further proceed to another destination. This short stay visa is valid only for a period of four days.
- The 14-day Visa: is also a short term and single entry visa issued to individuals travelling to Dubai for a period of not more than fourteen days. The 14 day visa type cannot be extended and is valid from the date on which the visa was issued.
- The 30-day Visa: there are two types of 30- day visa available to travel to Dubai:
- The 30-day single entry visa– this class of visa is available to applicants travelling to Dubai for not more than 30 days. It is also a short term and single entry visa that cannot be extended and remains valid from the date on which the visa was issued for 58 days.
- The 30-day multiple entry visa- this class of visa is available to applicants travelling to Dubai multiple times within a 30 day period. It is also a short term non extendable visa and remains valid for 58 days from the date on which the visa was issued. A holder of this form of visa can go in and out of Dubai within the 30 day period.
- The 90-day visa: there are also two types of 90- day visa available;
- 90 day Single entry Long Term visa: the form of visa is available to Nigerians travelling to Dubai for a long period of time mainly for the purpose of visiting relatives, business, medical treatment or holiday /tourism. The 90-day visa is valid for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue.
- The multiple entry 90-day visa: similar to the multiple entry 30 day visa as the holder can move in and out of Dubai within the validity.
Comprehensive Guideline on How to Apply For a Dubai Visa in Nigeria
It is relatively an easy process to apply for a Dubai visa as far as you meet all the requirements and possess necessary documents. It is a straightforward process that you can carry out yourself. All you need is to be careful and adhere strictly to instructions.
You may decide to contact visa agents for help but if you would otherwise do it yourself (which I recommend), worry not, this article will provide you with all that you need to know and do. Here are the basic steps to applying for a visa to Dubai:
Step 1: Determine whether or not you are eligible to travel and prepare your documents
This is the most important step of your visa application. Before you pack your bags or even start preparing for your journey, you are highly advised to determine your eligibility to travel. It would be a total waste of time and possibly money if you complete the visa application process only to find out at the point of entry that you are not eligible to migrate to Dubai. There are certain documents to be prepared before any Nigerian is allowed to visit Dubai. They are as follows;
- International Passport: You must possess a valid international passport (as well as copies of your valid and expired visas.)
- Visa Application form: have a completely and accurately filled visa application form usually to be completed in block letters and appropriately signed.
- Nigerian passport: Your valid Nigerian passport (original and photocopy) to show your travel history, your bio-data page, your passport number and photograph.
- Coloured Passport Photographs: Two copies of recent and identical coloured Passport photographs in size 4.3 by 5.5 cm and in white background.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Possession of adequate funds to travel to Dubai (including your visa application fees), sustain yourself while there and return to your country. You will need to provide proof of funds in terms of a recent bank statement of your account (not less than six months) or an On-ward air return ticket.
- Letter of invitation: if you are travelling for the purpose of visiting relatives or friends, you are required to possess a letter or evidence of invitation from the person living in Dubai that you will be visiting or staying with while in the city. The introduction letter should include the dates of your visit, the period of stay and the purpose of visit. It should also contain the contact information of your friend or relative such physical address, mail address and contact phone numbers including date and signature. Also ensure you provide a copy of their UAE passport (information page) and / or their residence permit.
- Health Insurance: a proof of health insurance must also be made available to enable you to be eligible to travel to Dubai.
- Complete record of itinerary: you are expected to provide a record of your hotel bookings and their address, also you should have your tickets either the emirates or the Fly Dubai airline ticket ( including return ticket)
You can click here to check for more required documents and ensure you prepare all.
Step 2: Fill the necessary application forms
Usually, Nigerians applying for visa to Dubai are expected to fill out necessary applications form and other documents as required. To fill your forms, you are required to visit a visa application centre and complete your application. You can find the nearest Dubai visa application centre to your location by clicking this link.
Also, you can carry out your application electronically by filling your forms and uploading all the required documents as stated in the instructions you find therein. Please click on this link to fill and upload all necessary forms as regards your Dubai visa application. Ensure that you fill your visa application forms without errors and append your signature as necessary.
If you have people travelling with you such as family members, they must also download, fill and sign their forms as appropriate. In the case where there is an applicant under 18 years, then the forms should be signed by the parent or guardian.
Step 3: Pay your Application fees
After you have filled the appropriate forms and arranged as required, the next step is to pay your visa application fees. This payment is required and must be done at the nearest Dubai Visa Application Centre.
You can check for more information on visa fees here to answer your question of “How much is Dubai visa from Nigeria”
It is very important that you collect your receipts after payment of fees. Do not leave without an evidence of payment.
Step 4: Submit your Visa Application documents
Now after making necessary payments, you may submit your application documents and the receipts/proof of payments of all fees paid. This will be done at the Dubai Visa Application Centre or uploaded online. Be sure that your documents are complete, well filled and included in your application package for submission.
Also, make sure that you take along all the original copies of your necessary documents to the visa application centre for verification.
After submitting your documents, processing will follow and your application will be reviewed by an immigration officer. Sometimes, the officer might decide that an interview is required and you will be contacted through a letter stating the date, time and venue of the interview.
If your application is approved, you will be contacted otherwise, an explanation will be sent on why it is refused.
While awaiting approval, you can choose to track the progress of your application by clicking on this link.
Tips to improve the processing of your application;
- Be sure to send all required documents and information
- Ensure that your application package is complete.
- Make sure you include your current contact information such as e-mail address, telephone numbers, mailing address and fax.
- Do not omit signatures in your forms.
How to Apply for Dubai Visa from Nigeria © www.travelvisa.ng