How to Apply for a Student Visa in Dubai from Nigeria
Although the city of Dubai is popularly known as a tourist attraction and booming enterprise hub, it also has a number of universities that are highly ranked amongst the best in the world. Save from the fact that Dubai universities rank well among other international universities; there are several other reasons why Nigerians and other international students also choose to study in Dubai. There is the ease of obtaining the visa as a student which is absolutely simple and not as complicated as obtaining a student visa in many other foreign countries. Also there is the fact that Dubai is very much technologically advanced and so it makes studying easier. International students have access to state of the art technology and other facilities that make studying easier and foster innovative and creative thinking.
Also Read: How Much is Dubai Visa Fee from Nigeria
In addition to these, applying to study in most universities in the city of Dubai does not require the need for a TOEFL or IELTS exam as the case is with many other countries therefore it is very possible to study in Dubai without writing the common English language proficiency exams. Finally Dubai universities are situated within the city in such a way that there is room for maximum interaction amongst all students both local and international. Universities in the city are located in a place referred to as the Dubai knowledge village. This fosters interaction and intercultural learning with other international students from all around the world and the promotion and appreciation of different cultures.
Basic Information on Applying for a Dubai Student Visa /
A lot of Nigerians especially the youths willing to study in Dubai usually have a lot of questions as to the process of applying for a student visa in Dubai. This is not hard or tricky at all, with the right information, applying for a student visa in Dubai should be very hitch free and smooth. First and most importantly, you must apply for and secure admission to your desired school in Dubai or within the United Arab Emirates. Once this is done, all you will be required to do will be to get all the required documents ready as the whole process of applying for the student visa will be initiated and facilitated by your university where you intend to study in Dubai. The visa application process will be started once you have been sent your admission letter or the offer letter for the corresponding course of study from the school you applied to.
Dubai Visa Requirements for Students / Dubai Student Visa Rules
The following are the necessary documents that you must make available to ensure the smooth processing and successful application for your Dubai student visa. Without these, your student visa to Dubai may not be granted;
- You must possess a valid e-passport ( it is preferable that this is not older than six months and has about two or more extras page for your visa to be stamped/ endorsed)
- You must also completely and accurately fill your visa application form and sign where appropriate.
- Your valid Nigerian passport (coloured original and photocopy) to show your travel history, your bio-data page, your passport number and photograph page.
- If you have any previous passports, you should also make these available so as to reflect your travel history
- Twelve (12) recent coloured passport photograph taken in a white background and with your name written at the back. Ensure that these passports are 4.3cm by 5.5 cm in size.
- Possession of adequate funds to travel to Dubai and back to your country. Also you must provide evidence of sufficient funds to sustain you while in Dubai studying and cover the cost of your education. You will need to provide proof of funds in terms of a bank statement of your account (not less than six months).
- Proof of internationally acceptable medical tests results or certificates endorsed by an acceptable medical practitioner.
- Proof of internationally acceptable security clearance certificate.
- Evidence of payment of your visa fees for the current year of study as your visa is required to be renewed every year.
- Evidence of payment of your school fees or tuition for the current year of study.
- Evidence of payment of your accommodation fees in form of letter from the university accommodation board or a tenancy agreement if you are staying outside the university campus.
- Proof of acceptance and admission into the school of study possibly your offer letter or admission letter.
- You must also make available any information on hotel booking, the address and phone number if applicable.
- A copy of your airline ticket specifically the Fly Dubai or Emirates airline ticket.
Additional Information for Dubai Student Visa
- Ensure that you fill your forms honestly and accurately. Also sign as appropriate. Do not be dishonest as the immigration officials will investigate and if you are found wanting, your visa may be disapproved.
- Although you may not be able to work in Dubai while you are still a student or using a student visa, it is very much acceptable to stay in the city after your education. This is as opposed to many other countries or cities that require you to go back to your home country once you are done with studies. With Dubai you can stay after your education, work and even earn a tax free salary.
- The student visa application process is initiated and facilitated by the institution where you intend to study therefore you do not need to go through any application rigour except to provide your documents.
- Dubai student visas are only valid for one year and therefore require a renewal every year till the end of your study period.
- The time period for processing a student visa in Dubai is about two to five weeks therefore you may want to apply to your school early so your application process can be initiated earlier without affecting your study calendar.
How to Apply for a Student Visa in Dubai from Nigeria © www.travelvisa.ng