How to Apply for Ethiopian visa for Nigerian Citizens
Ethiopia is an East African country located in the area popularly called the “Horn of Africa”. One of the foremost, African countries, there are many reasons to visit Ethiopia. But, not minding Ethiopia’s status as the big brother of Africa in many areas, you will need a visa if you are travelling down to Ethiopia as a Nigerian. Whether you are visiting Ethiopia for tourism, business/work or if you just simply visiting a friend, the rules remain the same: you will need to obtain a visa to enter Ethiopia. This post will now seek to explain how you can obtain an Ethiopian visa as a Nigerian.
Do Nigerians Need a Visa to Visit Ethiopia?
Yes, Nigerians do need a visa to visit Ethiopia. But the truth is that it is relatively easy for Nigerians to get an Ethiopian visa. Prior to taking the trip down to Ethiopia, it is pertinent that intending visitors have a full grasp of Ethiopia’s visa regulations.
Parents travelling with children have to observe a few regulations and make extra arrangements for their children. The first thing to note is that children under the age of 14 are considered as minors by the ethiopian authorities. And the minors as described are to be included on their parent’s visa.
If a minor qualifies for and holds a passport of their home country, then they don’t need nor qualify to be on their parent’s visa.
If a minor is visiting Ethiopia unaccompanied, they will need to submit a consent letter from a parent or guardians.
Different Types of Ethiopian Visas
There are different visa types open to Nigerians who are looking to travel to Ethiopia. However, below are the most popular Ethiopian visas for Nigerians who are looking to travel to Ethiopia for one reason or the other.
This is the perfect visa type for Nigerians who have been employed by a firm domiciled in Ethiopia. It is different from a business in that it caters specifically to people who have employment with Ethiopia-domiciled organisations.
The nomenclature of this visa type explains what the visa is for but let’s just summarise what it is meant for. Student visas are applicable for Nigerian students who have gained an admission into and are looking to study in any Ethiopian school. A student visa should generally cover your period of study in a host country.
Tourist visas are for people looking to vacate in Ethiopia. Generally tourists are just people looking to visit cultural/historical sites and have a good time. If you are in this category of people, the tourist visa is the best option for you.
If you are looking to start a business in Ethiopia or if you already have a business in Ethiopia as a Nigerian, then this visa option is the best.
How To Get an Ethiopian Visa as a Nigerian
There are two ways to get an Ethiopian visa as a Nigerian. The first option is for you to apply the old school way by visiting the Ethiopian embassy in Nigeria and submitting the required documents. The other option is by applying for the Ethiopian evisa. We can assure you that the latter option is the better option because it is fast, convenient and cost-effective.
Getting an Ethiopian Visa Through The Embassy in Nigeria.
We don’t want to waste your time talking about an option that we don’t think is worth it but we have to talk about it for informative purposes. Here are the steps to getting an Ethiopian visa through their embassy in Nigeria
- Get an application form from the Ethiopian embassy.
- Fill in your details carefully and properly. Make sure that you duly sign the form and date it.
- Attach the following documents when returning the application form.
- A passport photograph recently taken with your image on a plain background.
- A photocopied copy of your passport’s data page.
- Your international passport with unused pages and a validity period of at least 6 months.
- An evidence showing that you have enough money to take care of yourself wjen you are in Ethiopia. In other words, show them that you are not going to become a liability on the government or the people of Ethiopia.
- If your purpose of travelling is for business, make sure that you obtain and attach an invitation letter written by the organisation that is inviting you to Ethiopia.
- Attach a copy of the organization’s certificate of incorporation.
- If your purpose of going to Ethiopia is for visitation, then you have to obtain and attach a letter of invitation from your host in Ethiopia.
- Also obtain and attach your host’s residence card or international passport/national identity card.
- Obtain an international certificate showing that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever.
- Get and attach a police clearance letter/certificate.
- Attach an authorization letter from the Ethiopian immigration authorities and attach it.
When you are submitting your application, make sure that you do the following things:
- Pay your visa application fee.
- Turn yourself for a biometric fingerprint capture at the embassy.
- Do make sure that you submit an envelope that is self-addressed to the embassy.
For clarity sake, here’s the address of the Ethiopian embassy in Nigeria:
Plot 332, Cadastral Zone AO,
Telephone number +234 9 461 8642
Email address: email@example.com
How to Apply for the Ethiopian eVisa
The Ethiopian eVisa is a less stressful way to get an Ethiopian visa. With the eVisa, you skip the long queues at the embassy and instead do the whole visa application process entirely online. It is however very core that we inform you that if you are processing the Ethiopian eVisa, you will have to enter the country solely through the Bole International Airport in the capital city of Addis Ababa. As an eVisa holder, you are strictly prohibited from entering the country through any other airport.
This is where we come in! Our visa consultants at TravelVisa.Ng will help you get the Ethiopian evisa as quickly as possible. Contact us today at +2347033378184 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our service charge is reasonable and our delivery is fast.
Documents and Information that we will need to process the Ethiopian evisa for you.
The Applicant should bear in mind that three valid documents are to be provided when applying for the Ethiopian eVisa. The documents include:
- Passport information- This is a photocopy of the bio data page of the international passport of the applicant.
- A recently taken colour passport-style photo of the applicant. This passport must be in white background and in soft copy.
- Duration of stay in Ethiopia.
- Date of arrival and departure from Ethiopia.
- Hotel Reservation. Bear in mind that you will be asked to produce this hotel booking at the port of entry in Ethiopia.
This is what the Ethiopian e-visa on arrival letter looks like:
In addition to the aforementioned documents,the following requirements is a vivid summary of documents required to travel to Ethiopia:
- Printed copy of Ethiopia eVisa. This may not be necessary but has to be presented if applicable.
- International Passport. Passport must be valid at the time of entry and the validity must last for at least a further 6 months from the arrival date.
- The passport must have 2 blank pages remaining.
Some Things to Note When Planning to Visit Ethiopia.
- The official currency of Ethiopia is the Ethiopian birr abbreviated as ETB. You can exchange your foreign currency for the ETB at a number of banks and exchange outlets spread all over Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia’s dominant religion is orthodox Christianity. Islam and indigenous religions are also practised as well.
- Ethiopia’s official language is Amharic other Oromo is believed to be more widely spoken. Other popular languages include English and Arabic.
- If you are visiting Ethiopia, kindly budget about 50 USD to use on daily expenses while you are in Ethiopia.
- In Nigeria, Ethiopian Airways is the only flight plane that plies nigeria to Ethiopia. You can either board from Lagos or from Abuja.
Let Us Help you Get an Ethiopia eVisa in a few days.
Just about anybody can apply for the Ethiopian e-visa and the truth is that you might be able to get a visa by yourself but you are more likely to fail when you filling out visa applications by yourself. Allow us as the professionals to come in and help you get an Ethiopian e-visa with ease.
Travelvisa.ng is a visa support service provider with 5 amount of years in the industry. Our knowledge in the visa support services industry in Nigeria is vast and we have helped thousands of applicants get their respective visas on a platter of gold. We really put your convenience and your schedule ahead of us.
With our international partners that collaborate with us to make immigration safer and easier, you can be assured of quality service rendered. Here are some reasons why you should choose us to help you handle your Ethiopian eVisa processing;
We are safe. You can trust us with our sensitive information when you are applying for an Ethiopian visa. Unlike a number of other companies that may be willing to trade your information to third parties, we protect it.
Excellent Service Delivery
Our years of experience in the visa support services comes to bear anytime we are processing any visa for one of our clients. We are skilled in visa application for many countries but are especially skilled when it comes to Ethiopian eVisa. Our Ethiopian eVisa desk is manned by professionals who have garnered years of experience in visa processing for Ethiopia bound visa clients.
Round-the-clock customer support system
We operate a round-the-clock customer support system wherein every client gets a dedicated account officer as soon as they sign up for any of our services. These account managers are dedicated to you throughout the period that we are processing your eVisa for you and after. If you have any questions, complaints and queries, someone will be on standby to sort everything out.
Our turnover time is second to none in the industry. Speed is not our problem. We can get you an Ethiopian eVisa in just 48 hours! But if the cost of the quick packages are a little above your budget, you can always choose a more affordable one.
In conclusion, we are Nigeria’s foremost visa support service providing company. We are positioned to give you a great experience when seeking for visas including the Ethiopian eVisa. We can help you get your eVisa in any of these simple steps.
- Chat with us today on WhatsApp: +2347033378184
- Email us with your request: email@example.com
- Submit your details and watch us go to work!
Ethiopian Visa for Nigerian Citizens – How to Apply © www.travelvisa.ng